Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, the world’s largest brokerage, was fined $1 million by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority for charging excessive markups and markdowns on bond transactions.
The firm was also ordered to pay $371,000 in restitution and interest to customers, Finra said today in a statement. The brokerage charged “higher than warranted” markups and markdowns, as much as 13.8 percent, on corporate and municipal bond deals, Finra said. In settling the claims, Morgan Stanley consented to the findings without admitting or denying wrongdoing, Finra said.
Big Ghost Drops a classic review on Drake’s new album:
Ayo fuck this nigga b. First off…this nigga gotta stop wit this lonely mobster image he tryin to portray these days yo. This nigga said this shit was bout him feelin like he a king tho. Son said “I used to stare at this world through a glass window and, like, two to three years later, I become a king in that world. That’s who’s sitting on that cover…” They give this nigga a muthafuckin goblet n a table for one witta candle n a bronze owl n now he runnin rap? Nigga ya respect from ya peers is as deep as the success you got in the mainstream. Aint nobody in rap lookin up to you like that cos you dope. Your success is whats dope to these niggas son. King tho? Fuck outta here b.
1. Over My Dead Body – A forreal….this sounds like the soundtrack to some Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants type shit son. I forget who the broad he got singin the hook on this muthafucka is…but i think its Renee Zellweger or some shit. I feel like Im inside a Barnes & Noble or a Starbucks b… This joint is more light in the ass than the fushigi gravity balls you see in those infomercials at 3 in the mornin son. But yo…how the first words that this nigga got the nerve to utter on this muthafuckin album gon be “I think I killed errybody in the game last year man”? Pardon me son? Word? You mean the same year that Kanye dropped another classic album in…while yo overrated ass uhhh….DID NOT? That year b? You mean the year when niggas predicted you was gon do a milli the first week out n you did 450k instead…n then a few days later Eminem dropped n he did like 750k in HIS first week n kept YOU from gettin back to the top of the charts? The same year that Em n Jigga won all the Grammys YOU was spose to take home? THAT year son? Oh.
2. Shot For Me – I dont even know what to say b. Like forreal…after hearin this shit…I wouldnt be surprised if this nigga could pollinate a flower wit his fuckin breath son. Im pretty sure that son gets up in the morning n plays his harp for his cats n then slides down the muthafuckin banister in his satin man nightie n has a full glass of breast milk before he goes to the studio n hammers out some pooned out shit like this b. Sons talkin to a broad thru the whole song on some bitter shit n at one point the nigga even says “The way you walk…thats me. The way you talk…thats me. The way you got your hair up…did you forget? Thats me” Son… Thats you? Aight then… But the boy aint done yet yo…at the end of the joint he proposes a toast. This is how that shit go…
4. Crew Love (ft The Weeknd) – Ayo I been startin to accept that maybe ALL these joints is gon be bitchmade son. Truth is I fucks wit The Weeknd tho b. The music on this shit aint that bad…but it aint really no kinda beat namsayin. But then here come Young Angel talmbout havin “soldiers” n niggas “who came up off the strip” for him n “come up off the hip” for him if he need em to. I mean……jus stop that shit son. Niggas kno ya pedigree b. Like you wasnt the little nigga ridin ponies n doin cartwhels in the backyard livin that upperclass suburban life before you became a Canadian teen soap opera star n shit b. Now you the nigga tuckin napkins in ya shirt while you eat cos you “mobbin like that” n orderin hits on niggas who disrespect you…jus stop it Aubrey. Son said “I think I like who Im becoming…” Im sayin the boy Aubs is startin to feel hisself a little too much b. Anyways son…when I thinks of Crew Love I think bout Beanie Sigel movin J Cole’s mentor out his way so he could body the fuck outta a glorious ass beat while Jiggaman in his prime delivers a hook that sticks to ya ribs namsayin. Thats what Im gon always think of son…
Here is his wrap up:
So thats the whole album son…or what Im gon refer to as that cascading waterfall of invisible dicks that sons fans call his music. Swear this nigga got the most forgiving fans on earth tho b. The nigga gets that exotic budgie tatted on his shoulder…”Nah chill…he jus doin him son”. The nigga drops a million odes to savin broads…”Ayo chill…son jus tryna live par”. The nigga starts rockin sweaters from 1983 Sears catalogs n shows up to awards shows wearin grandmother cardigans made from old sofas…”Nah chill…son jus stayin tru to hisself”…Im sayin b…the nigga could show up at a awards show wearin a unitard n niggas would still be like…”Jus let that nigga do him….he jus doin him son”. Yall muthafuckas should be ashamed of yallselves tho….for lettin it come to this shit in the first place namsayin. Yall LET this niggas get to the top like that. Im talkin to niggas who emcee too. Yall done allowed this nigga to come in the door…n now he done opened the floodgates to a million other soft ass muthafuckas jus like him son. Ayo nobody disrespected Father MC n Candyman like that back in the day b. Them niggas was makin careers outta droppin soft ass shit too. Dudes aint try to crush they whole existence or nothin…but niggas aint exactly say “Ayo Father MC n Candyman yall niggas should be showin the rest of us muthafuckas what direction to take Hip Hop in yo…”. But I dont even blame Drake b. That nigga SHOULD be able to have his lane. Its all good son. I hate that niggas music n he definitely that corny nigga at the club who pops open a bottle of champagne n then sniffs the cork…but he allowed to follow his dreams b. But yall niggas put that muthafucka on a pedestal. Like I said b…I dont blame Aubrey tho. Drake is what happens when ya son is conceived during a period week namsayin. That nigga was jus conceived on the wrong end of a menstrual cycle yo. These niggas gon always exist bruh. But I aint no follower son. If I dont like some shit…I dont jus rock wit it cos thats what broads be listenin to… n cos I want broads to be feelin me. Thats like sprayin yaself wit perfume jus cos chicks be enjoyin that shit…Yall effeminate ass niggas smarten up. Niggas always callin Drizzy homo tho. Im sayin yo…I dont think thats even the case b. N if it was…I aint judgin the nigga based on none of that yo. I mean…maybe son is kinda homo-esque. But either way par…this niggas masculinity been terminally ill for a hot minute now…that shits been on life support since Thank Me Later dropped b. But Im sure that muthafucka done kicked the bucket forreal wit this album son. If you niggas cop retail versions of this shit dont forget to take the cd in for a yearly pap smear b. Ayo fuck this shit son. Aight peace.
We have been upping Wale since day one on The G Manifesto.
I haven’t given it a full listen, but here are some tracks:
Wale – Miami Nights
Wale – Double M Genius
Wale – Don’t hold Your Applause
Wale – Lotus Flower Bomb ft. Miguel
5. Lotus Flower Bomb (ft Miguel) – Aight first off yo. Fuck this song title b. This shit dropped a while back n I never even peeped the shit cos the song title sounded like a yoga pose nahmean. Its sounded like some shit the broad in Coldplay might bang vaginas wit Gwyneth Paltrow too yo. But after listenin to this shit I feel like I need to slap box witta minotaur jus to restore some manhood to my senses b. This shit is like havin a waterfall of ovaries comin thru all the windows n doors in ya crib when you listen to it son. Its like audio breast milk. Ayo I understand you gotta gear summa ya shit to the females bruh…but this shit is straight bitchmade son. A dude listens to this shit one too many time n he gon get a period if he aint careful g. I hope I dont hear this shit again for like the rest of my life yo.
4. Legendary – 1.5 seconds into this muthafucka n this shit was already my favorite joint so far b. This beat got some actual hair on its chest son. I aint even kno it was a Toomp joint til I recognized this shit was superior to all the shit I been hearin n checked the credits son. Actually this shit makes me HATE the 3 joints before it even more. The nigga actually spittin forreal on this shit too yo. Its kinda hard to take the “fuck fame, n fuck money” hook serious tho…since the nigga been in full time diva mode for like 2 years now son. But I dig this shit nahmean. Imma probably even dump this joint into a playlist on the iPod my nigga.
Wale – Ambition (Ft. Meek Mill & Rick Ross)
11. Ambition (ft. Meek Mill & Rick Ross) Yall mighta heard this shit before. Son got The Ralph Tresvant n Bobby Brown of MMG on this joint (word….Wale definitely the Ricky Bell of that shit). This shit probably the best joint on the whole album son…which kinda makes up for that 4 song streak of tampon music that came before this muthafucka namsayin. Not really tho…cos those joints was like listenin to son drop down n get his eagle on for like 15 minutes. I aint probably gon forgive the nigga for that shit b. But this joint goes hard as fuck son. This shit make you wanna go cop a 8 ball to cook up n start sellin to ya own nephews n nieces on some guerilla pimp dont give a fuck bout nobody type shit nahmean.
Wale ft. Jeremih & Rick Ross – That Way (Official Video)
15. That Way (Ft. Jeremih & Rick Ross) – Damn yo….the homie Lex Luger did this shit? Ayo the Superfly shit aint nothin new but Lex kinda changed his shit up here b. As far as the vocab…I mean at first you might think its jus another joint aimed at broads…but this one kinda fly nahmean. Rozay did his thing of course. Jeremih croonin some gentle ass shit as usual…but this shit jus works yo. See a lot a yall might think that the god dont like no laid back shit that you can cool out wit a broad to…but I jus dont like when that shit aint done rite son. This shit here is some fly ass smooth shit yo. Anyways son…I fucks wit it.
The Rest is Up to You…
Michael Porfirio Mason
AKA The Peoples Champ
AKA GFK, Jr.
AKA The Sly, Slick and the Wicked
AKA The Voodoo Child
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”
- John Ruskin (Victorian Art Critic)
And some Real Hip-Hop:
Cormega – Fresh Feat. Red Alert, Parrish Smith, Puba, Krs-One & Big Daddy Kane
Here is Jim Rogers breaking down the economic impact of Japan disaster:
“normally when something like this happens it leads to a chance to buy things , all man made or natural disasters in the past meant that you could buy something, now I am not buying anything I am just watching at the moment , this is horrible and we do not know how it all gonna wind up, I would thing buying commodities would be better than buying stocks but I might buy both”, says Jim Rogers
The stuff he said about Bernie Madoff is true. The only reason he went down is he was just a high-end (I use that term loosely) Ponzi-schemer. He didn’t spread his money around the right way and he ripped off the “wrong people”: rich people.
Since I have been back in The States, I have been putting a bunch of international biz deals together. The downside of this is I have to hang out with a bunch of corporate heads as I am trying to tap into some of that corporate long money with distance.
So, earlier, I am rolling with this corporate cat and this track comes on the radio:
Corporate cat then say to me, “You know, I have always loved that song, but I have no idea what the rappers are saying. Especially that last guy rapping”. (The Notorious B.I.G.)
I respond, “You are kidding right.”
“No, am I being serious. What are they talking about?” says Corporate cat.
This completely blew my mind. I never knew people like this existed but I guess they do.
I started to explain a little of it to him, but I couldn’t stop laughing as I explained each part.
So for the others out there in this same predicament as that corporate cat, here is the translation below (my translation for corporate heads in bold).
B.I.G., P-O, P-P-A
No info, for the, D-E-A
Federal agents mad cause I’m flagrant
Tap my cell, and the phone in the basement
Here he is introducing himself to the listener by name and what he is all about.
For instance, he is letting you know that if the Drug Enforcement Agency contacts him, he is not going to give them any information about his potential involvement in illegal drug sales.
Which is a distinct possibility since he regularly breaks the law, and does it with style, so the Feds have already have made him a target and knows who he is.
The Feds have even gone as far as putting him under surveillance.
My team supreme, stay clean
Triple beam lyrical dream, I be that
Cat you see at all events bent
Gats in holsters girls on shoulders
However, thus far, his co-workers have not been apprehended. The reason they have not been apprehended is they are the best in their chosen line of work.
Regardless, he is the epitome of a poet that is also a top notch character in the drug game
You might have even seen him before, if you are invited to big social events and he was probably the guy at the party who was inebriated on Marijuana and/or alcohol
He is ready for action at all times, and has no problem with the opposite sex.
Playboy, I told ya, bein mice to me
Bruise too much, I lose, too much
Step on stage the girls boo too much
I guess it’s cause you run with lame dudes too much
Now he is talking about someone else who is not as cool as him and who’s co-workers and friends are not as smooth as him and his associates.
Me lose my touch, never that
If I did, ain’t no problem to get the gat
Where the true players at?
Throw your rollys in the sky
Wave em side to side and keep their hands high
While I give your girl the eye, player please
Here he is saying he could never be like that other guy who is not as cool as him.
But if he ever fell off his lofty perch, he would have no problem fighting his way back on top. Even using violence if necessary.
He is asking other successful people to celebrate the fact that they are sinister and successful by displaying material wealth, in this case, waving their Rolex watches in the air and from left to right.
He is also saying that he could take your girlfriend from you if he so desired.
Lyrically, niggaz see, B.I.G.
be flossin jig on the cover of Fortune
Five double oh, get the phone number
your name, I got to know, I got to go
Got the flow down pizat, platinum plus
Like thizat, dangerous
on trizack, leave your ass blizzack
Here he is saying that he is living a life of luxury and it’s easy for other people to notice.
His lifestyle and wealth are akin to a corporate CEO that is on the annual list compiled and published by Fortune magazine that ranks the top 500 U.S. closely held and public corporations
Now he is saying again that he gets girls phone numbers but he is busy (presumably with other girls) so he can’t stick around and chit-chat
He finishes up by saying that he is an expert in poetry, selling multiple millions of copies of his records, displays his skill on every song he puts out and he will also shoot you if he has to.
# Title Producer(s)
1. “Triumph” Dave Sitek
2. “Mama Told Me” Best Kept Secret
3. “Mirrors” (feat. Bun B) Mark Ronson
4. “Pretty Girls” (feat. Gucci Mane & Weensey) Best Kept Secret
5. “World Tour” (feat. Jazmine Sullivan) Cool & Dre
6. “Let It Loose” (feat. Pharrell) The Neptunes
7. “90210″ Mark Ronson
8. “Shades” (feat. Chrisette Michele) Best Kept Secret, JuJu
9. “Chillin” (feat. Lady Gaga) Cool & Dre
10. “TV in the Radio” (feat. K’naan) Dave Sitek
11. “Contemplate” Syience
12. “Diary” (feat. Marsha Ambrosius) The Sleepwalkers
13. “Beautiful Bliss” (feat. Melanie Fiona & J.Cole) DJ Green Lantern, Mark Ronson
14. “Prescription” Best Kept Secret